Friday, May 16, 2008

Five Faves Friday!!

It is that time again. Time to recap some of my favorite things of the week. Sooo without further adieu and please feel free to join in and add some of your fave things this week as well!

1. Celebrating birthdays...not mine, but a dear friend of mine. A dear friend of mine had a birthday this week and was kinda feeling down and out. So my friend Pam also known as Pammy Mac and I put together a little birthday luncheon for Tina. It was fun to chat it up, spend some time together and eat some good food. Which leads me to...

2. French Vanilla cupcakes with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting and Fresh Raspberries on top! That is what I made for Tina and they were pretty dang good if I do say so myself. The raspberries were the best part!!!

3. Kruse's Fruit Stand- Now around here in Roseburg there isn't a hell of a lot to do. So when the fruit stand opens up, well everyone around here is happy. Soo many wonderful and tasty fruits and they have a bakery in there and they make the yummiest strawberry rhubarb pie! So so good. Now when you go to the fruit stand, one must buy a fruit pie turnover and stop at the hot dog stand and get a hot dog and strawberry lemonade! I look forward to those dang hot dogs every week! Sooo thank God it's Friday today cause I am all over that!

4. My Scrappy Fave for the week is Amy Butler and K&Co. Amy is such an incredible and inspiring designer and paired with K&Co well you can't help but sigh and fall in love. Well at least I can't.

and last but definitely NOT least.

5. The freakin SUN, oh blessed sun! It went from winter to total summer here in Oregon this week. Yesterday it was 91 at 5pm. Zoe's soccer team about sweated to death, so I treated them to some popsicles. Today it is supposed to be almost 100! What the heck! Gotta love Oregon weather.

So another boring blog post sans pictures. So pretend there are all kinds of amazing and wonderful pictures on here :)

And The TRUNK TIMES went out yesterday! Check out the fun newsletter from Paper Trunk. The team really did a wonderful job with their projects!
Enjoy your day!

4 comments:

Danielle Flanders said...

I agree, love Amy Butler! I just picked some of her fabric tags up and I'm in love!
Have a great weekend and don't get too hot! I'm off to check out the Paper Trunk newsletter!
Dani

Hope said...

Your post is making me hungry ;)! It's fun to read your faves! Have a great weekend!

Norma Kennedy said...

Enjoyed reading UR top 5. I luv Amy Butler and have most of her books. Very inspirational- My top would have to be visiting our local garden house. Not enough money for everything I wanted to bring home with me :' )

Norma

pammc said...

I accepted the challenge to do my own favs for the week. You got me off my duff as I have been a lazy blogger.

loved the cupcakes, and Paper Trunk is fun.