Monday, March 9, 2009

Worst Blogger EVER

Do they have that award? If so, I am in the running for it. Once again I am 3 days late on the ol 5 Faves list. I am going to have to start writing them during the week or something so I can stay on top of it because Fridays are just getting way too hectic.

Here is my list though-

#1. The BEST snickerdoodle recipe EVER- John actually said and I quote "these cookies are absolutely incredible. They are some of the best I have ever had. How on earth did you make these?" Now that is quite the compliment coming from him ;)
So now I shall share with you the nugget of a treasure:
from allrecipes.com (of course)

INGREDIENTS

1 cup shortening
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 eggs
2 3/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons white sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
In a large bowl, mix together the shortening and 1 1/2 cups of white sugar until smooth. Stir in the eggs one at a time, blending well after each. Combine the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt; stir into the batter until blended.
Roll the dough into balls the size of small walnuts. Roll in a mixture of 2 tablespoons sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon. Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake in the preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned, but still soft.

#2. Big Love- This show is absolutely addicting. I can't believe that this season is already coming to an end, when it feels like it has just started. HBO just knows how to put together GOOD shows. Big Love has it all. It is sad, funny, quirky, STRANGE and somewhat creepy at times but the characters are believable and they make you feel like you know them. Good watching. Good watching.

#3. Paul Villinski butterfly art-I found a link to this man's incredible artwork today via the Modish blog (which has been listed as a previous 5 faves) and I find it STUNNING! I am an inspired woman today after leaving his site.



#4. House-hunting- I swear I was a real estate agent in a former life. I love looking at houses, whether it be online or going to open houses. We are on the look out for a larger home and are ready to leave our lil first home behind us. I have spent countless hours scouring the internet, driving thru neighborhoods, looking like some kind of freak I am sure...I am just hoping that the right house will come to us at the right time and when the time comes that we can unload this one LOL. But there is just something to be said about house-hunting.

#5. Scrappy Fave of the Week- Little Dreamer Designs- I think I have had them already as a fave, I can't remember but....dang, I just love this place. Gonna get me THESE and these swirly brushes and I really like these overlays.
An apology to all of the other 5 Faves posters as I have not made my weekly rounds yet. But I am looking forward to it.
Enjoy your Monday everyone!

3 comments:

Nikki said...

oh, that butterfly art if amazing!!!!

deb famularo said...

Snickerdoodles are my FAVES!
love the butterflies Dena.......xOxO

Cindy F said...

I *love* snickerdoodles and had lost my recipe, so thanks for sharing. Can't wait to give these a try!